Re: Electronic Distributor

To: spritenut@Exit109.com
Subject: Re: Electronic Distributor
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 08:25:22 -0600
Cc: gabe@sunshopper.com, dougi@shaw.ca, spridgets@autox.team.net
I've heard many similar stories about Pertronix.  Some people have some
that last forever, while others will go through a couple or several very
quickly.  Pertronix attributes the short-term failures to incompatible
coils and other installation-specific causes.  I have used one in my
racecar for about a year and a half with no problems.  I've got a buddy
that went through two in short order in his racing Bugeye with a pretty
much identical setup to mine (Lucas Sport Coil, 1275 motor).  He went
back to points.

I think this is a case where YMMV certainly applies!

David Littlefield
1962 MGA MkII
1974 MG Midget vintage racecar
1951 MGTD