RE: Electronic Distributor

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: RE: Electronic Distributor
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 08:21:40 -0800 >
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Robert and other interested listers,

Thanks for your input...

I finally realized that what I know as Lucas Ignitor could be what listers
in the USA are calling PerTronix - one name for the UK, another for the
US... considering the stellar reputation of Lucas in the US, that would not
surprise me 8-)... Or is the PerTronix a more recent version of the Lucas
Ignitor?

The PO had some problems with the ignitor, as he bought the
distributor/ignitor in September 98, then replaced the ignitor in March
99... The coil is an MSD Blaster 2, plugs are NGK B8 ES, and Rover
competition wires are fitted.

Jacques Le Clainche