Electronic Distributor

To: "Spridgets Digest" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <Mike.Moomaw@usi.net>
Subject: Electronic Distributor
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 20:36:15 -0500
Mike:

I installed a Crane XR700 with Lucas 40,000 volt Sport coil on my MGB back
in 1997.  The only maintenance I do is to change the cap & rotor once a
year.  I drive it 10,000 - 14,000 miles a year & race it occasionally.  I
carry a spare power module when racing or when on real long trips.  But, it
is the way to go.  I did however, convert to negative ground before
installing the unit.  I did that to simplify my use of aftermarket stuff
like new radios, etc.

And, right now, with the cross-flow head I have on the B, I wouldn't want to
have to deal with adjusting points.  It would be a 2-hour operation.  Glad I
have the electronic.

If  you want practicality & reliability, make the switch.  I will be doing
the same to my Turner in the near future as soon as I get it on the road.

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB
'59 Turner