Re: Handeling problems

To: jimdinalameda@hotmail.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Handeling problems
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 10:49:38 EST
In a message dated 2/22/03 6:37:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jimdinalameda@hotmail.com writes:

> O.K. now that I've finally got this sucker running like a little top, it is
> all over the road. Wanders and rolls. So I am wondering where I should
> start. Shocks, tie rod ends, springs or what? Also, I noticed in the book
> it
> mentions topping of the shocks. How is this done? Is there a plug on top
> that I don't see? I have already redone the sway bar, bushings and
> connectors, so I don't think it's that.

I would start with shocks.  It is easier to buy excellent rebuilt socks from
World Wide Auto Parts and swap them out than it is to remove your shocks,
test them, clean them up, paint them, refill them, and refit.

Contact Peter C. at:  nosimport@mailbag.com

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget  (#51 FSP)