Re: Now Clubs WAS "A little blue thing in my driveway"

To: <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Now Clubs WAS "A little blue thing in my driveway"
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 20:35:08 -0500
I do belong to the Chicagoland MG Club. I go to most of the monthly
meetings, I show up at most of the driving events, Heck, I do the classified
ads and coordinate the driving events. I don't think I have the time to
belong to any more clubs ;-)
Yes, the club used to be "The Chicagoland MGB Club", but they decided a few
years ago that they needed to welcome other models of MG and they officially
changed the name of the club. Now they have gone so far as to feature the
Triple M guys at the last summer party. I do not feel like a step-child
there, especially since the editor is a diehard MGA bloke.
I was annoyed (actually far more than annoyed, but let it pass) when the
fledgling magazine of Sprite and Midgets (or was it the other way around?)
decided to merge with their MGB stablemate (right after I re-subscribed, of
course). I emailed them to explain why I was unhappy and then I offered my
subscription to interested parties and changed my subscription address to
that of a college student in Texas who appreciated it.
I guess I am trying to say that I do not expect to find
Sprite/Midget-oriented stuff very often. When I do, I support it, but I do
not go out of my way looking for places to spend my spridget dollars.
David Lieb
RWA Midgets