Re: FW: Now Clubs WAS "A little blue thing in my driveway"

To: dan.dwelley@ps.ge.com, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FW: Now Clubs WAS "A little blue thing in my driveway"
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 09:56:38 EDT
Cc: mgman@optonline.net
dan.dwelley@ps.ge.com writes:

> Stay a while BUT drop the push for new members for NAMBGR and expect a few
> smart a*s remarks. This is a family after all...or at least reflects many
> of
> the same characteristics.

- - - - - - - - - - -

In defense of Dave Deutsch, I just want to say that he is a very sincere MG
enthusiast, and I think the Spridgets list has been a bit too hard on him.  I
have been here for a few years now, and I have taken part, and even been the
recipient of, our OSHIT Adventures.  I have met a lot of new friends here,
some I only know by e-mail.

I have met Dave at several events, since before he was chairman of NAMGBR.
He is easy to talk to and very knowledgeable about MGs.  He is kinda into V8
MGs, but I won't hold that against him.  The fact that he just bought a
Midget means that he recognizes quality, and he wants a car that handles
well.  ;-)

Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion about clubs, just as everyone
is entitled to do what they want to their cars.  (Original, race car, custom
fuzzy interior, or Mazda rotary engine.)  Now let's all apologize to Dave.
He can bring a lot to this list, as well as take what Spridget owners say
back to the rest of the NAMGBR.  Just give him a chance and don't come down
so hard!

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget  (#51 FSP)