RE: Now Clubs WAS "A little blue thing in my driveway"

To: <type79@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: RE: Now Clubs WAS "A little blue thing in my driveway"
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 20:12:00 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Jay wrote:
"That's because there are Club people who are not really into the cars that
distort the club experience. We've all know them. They are the same
"climbers"
you encounter in everyday life that you seek to avoid in your leisure time.
these people, car clubs are like country clubs where car ownership is the
ticket
of entry".[snip]

I agree entirely with that and the rest of what Jay said... and I have
"serious" experience of car clubs, including being a committee member of the
largest British Ford club from 1981 to 1990, when I moved to the US- my last
position with the club was that of chairman, and before that I was the
membership secretary... When I left we had over 5,000 members... so before
anyone on this list urges me to "get involved" with a club - been there,
done that! 8-)

I am just very grateful modern computer technology gave us the Internet and
lists as this one!

Jac in San Diego

---