Hypothetical Question

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hypothetical Question
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 14:52:41 -0400
This cam up over the weekend in a discussion with a friend with a 2
wheel tow dolly.

Now this is purely hypothetical, just trying to get the lists consensus
(if there is such a thing).

OK here is the scenario.
        1) 2 wheel tow dolly with the "center pivoting" wheel mount thingys
(Don't know what else to call them)
        2) STEEL Wheel LBC
        3) Frozen Diff

Now can the car be safely towed backwards (I know not to try backwards
with a wire wheel car) with the steering wheels on the ground?? I was
informed that the steering turns when towing with the front wheels on
the dolly. So should the front wheels be locked? or un-locked?? Is it
legal?? Ya know the headlamps will be pointing at following traffic.

Or perhaps it is just better to pull the 1/2 shafts??

Please submit position papers to the editor before COB Wednesday.

Larry

--
Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu

  "Don't be afraid to ask dumb questions, they are a lot easier to
  handle than dumb mistakes.