Re: Hypothetical Question

To: "Larry B. Macy, Ph.D." <macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hypothetical Question
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 19:19:09 -0400
You can safely tow the car backwards as long as you tie or otherwise immobilize
the steering wheel.  Try not to turn the headlights on!  The tow dolly lights
are considered to be adequate in every state I know about, which is many but
not all.  If you feel concerned, you can buy magnetic lights which will plug
into pigtails installed in your tow vehicle lights and stay fixed to the hood
of the car you are towing.  The whole mess is available from U-Haul for around
$45.  I have had a set for years, and use it whenever I tow something at night.
Bill McLeod
Slightly Classics
Tucson, AZ