Re: Hypothetical Question

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Hypothetical Question
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 15:56:35 -0500
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
> So, David, these forces are strong enough
> that there really is no way to tie the steering wheel down...I mean
> within
> reason...with belts, straps, bungee cords,
> whatever?

I won't pretend to have experimented extensively ;-) Sure, you can tie it
down. Probably even straight enough to keep the car behind you. Enough to
satisfy the local gendarme? Nother story. Good enough to go 10 miles? Sure.
100 miles? Not me. Get some broken halfshafts, top up the diff, do it right.
David Lieb
without even a vehicle with a hitch anymore