Re: TRF

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TRF
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 07:17:18 -0500
In the bad old days when I had my B, TRF had just started carrying MGB
parts. All of their publications made it very clear that they felt they were
prostituting themselves by pandering to the unwashed herds of people who did
not own Triumphs. The attitude tended to rankle, although I had no problems
with any of the parts that they sold me.
That "English Tavern" that he kept hawking left a bit of a bad taste, too. I
always looked forward to receiving the "Moss Motoring" magazine; the quality
of the material more than justified the commercials. Runyon's ramblings,
however, had little or no literary merit whatsoever and tended to get dumped
unread.
Just my 2p, (has anyone ever figured out why PCs and ascii never liked the
cents sign?) YMMV I did like the rebuilt swivel pin assemblies I got from
TRF.
David Lieb, Curmudgeon at large.