Re: TRF

To: dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com ("David Lieb"), spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TRF
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 11:13:31 -0400
In a message dated 8/18/2003 8:17:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com writes:

> That "English Tavern" that he kept hawking left a bit of a bad taste, too. I
> always looked forward to receiving the "Moss Motoring" magazine; the quality
> of the material more than justified the commercials. Runyon's ramblings,
> however, had little or no literary merit whatsoever and
> tended to get dumped
> unread.

I agree David.  The catalogs and restoration guides they publish are very good
in my opinion, but Runyon is a little sold on himself.

The "English Tavern" appears to have really been a money loser.  I didn't like
the idea of my parts $ going to finance his folly...a very expensively built
tavern in a very small town in PA.  It might make sense in NY, LA, or Dallas,
but not in a small, rural, community.

Runyon did see the error of his ways and sold the tavern and in one catalog I
got was pledging to keep his mind on the core business and not get sidetracked
again.

For a while he was selling bags, brushes, and other things English at very high
prices (in my opinion) and had a go at having a Triumph owners club that
included discounts on his parts.  The problems was (again, in my opinion) the
club was too costly to join for the benefits you received.

Still, he has some things, at least for TRs that no one else has.  I think he's
also gotten over the MG predujice.  Money has a way of making a person more
tolerant.

Robert Houston
Transervicios S.A. de C.V.
915-592-2082