RE: TRF

To: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TRF
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:16:56 -0400
David,
"Prostituting themselves.....unwashed herds".  I've never felt that, at all.
Ever.  If that were the case, why would TRF's owner provide and MGB for his
beloved daughter to drive to college.  Why would he be restoring a B/E
Sprite for one of his sons?  Why would his general manager drive a (real)
Mini and an MGB-GT?  I can probably think of another dozen or so examples of
TRF's friendly treatment of MG folks.  Fact is, TRF's owner has a fondness
for ALL Brit cars.  So, me thinks your imagination may have been working
overtime.
As far as "that English Tavern" goes: did you ever visit The Coventry Inn?
Believe me, it was every bit as good as Charles said it was.  Unfortunately,
Charles spent too much money building it (built in England, assembled on
site, using no "synthetic" materials and no short-cuts) and operating it in
a market (small, college town) that could not support it.  Those of us that
used to frequent it often were greatly saddened by it's closing (about two
or three years ago).  If it had been in Pittsburgh, or some other large
market, it would have been tremendously successful.  I'm hoping that Charles
will be able to reopen it, some day.
Bud Osbourne