Re: Welder choice

To: "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Welder choice
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 11:16:15 -0700
> Pittsburgh, or something, and I'll hook you up with a good welding course,
> for under $200.00, with evening classes.

Better yet move to Salinas CA for a couple of semesters. The local CC's
welding classes cost me a whopping $22 per semester and they supply
everything but safety glasses/googles. I've taken their Stick, MIG and Gas
courses and I am going to take the TIG class next semester. All of thier
classes are available in the day time of in the evenings starting at 6PM.

These are all 4 hours one day/night a week for 16-18 weeks. They also offer
auto mech, auto body, metal working, carpentry, etc. All for $22 a semester.
The welding courses let you concentrate on whatever aspect of the course
that you are interested in. When I took the MIG class I spent the entire 16
weeks playing with 16-20 guage sheet metal. I'm still crappy but not as
crappy as I was before :-)