Re: Welder choice

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Welder choice
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 13:04:13 -0500 (CDT)
I guess vo tech classes here in Oklahoma are very differnt than those in
other parts of the country.  I can go to my local vo-tech..err Technology
center as they are now called and take a 16 week body shop class for
130.00, that includes instruction or you can just go in and do your thing.
 They have paint booths as well as all the equiptment you can need
INCLUDING welders :).  I've not taken a class yet, but my father inlaw
has, he learned alot.  Many guys will take these classes and restore their
cars and such.  As for welding well that is a little cheaper, they offer a
8 week course for 75.00 covers Mig,arc etc....says the instructor will
teach what each individual student desires to know.  These classes are in
the evenings and are mostly attended by adult hobbiests...during the day
they do offer certification classes for more $$.

Just my .02...

Charlie
1969 Midget