Re: Fuel pumps

To: Bud Osbourne <abcoz@hky.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel pumps
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 19:48:58 -0400
Cc: David Lieb <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>, Larry Pitts <FUZZY95687@yahoo.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Bud Osbourne wrote:
> I'm afraid I just can't accept the idea that the stock pump is marginal for
> anything beyond a stock 1275.

I agree with Bud. I have been running used 35 year old SU fuel pumps up
until I ran out of them. Yes they do get to the beyond repair stage
after 3 or 4 rebuilds. And I never had any fuel problem with the SU.
I run a Weber 45 on a hot 1275. But since I out out of good used SUs,
and I lost the l;ast one down in Maryland last year, I switched to a
transitorized $50 electric. No noise, no problems.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ