Re: Clutch slave cylinder locale

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clutch slave cylinder locale
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 15:34:30 -0800 (PST)
--- Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Frank Clarici <spritenut@exit109.com> wrote:
> > It is a nightmare to remove a slave.
> > One bolt from the bottom of the car, one from
> inside the passenger side footwell and THAT ONE
needs the wrench to be flipped each 1/6th of a turn.

  Okey, several good ideas on clutch slave removal now
a couple more.
  First one is best done with the tranny out of the
car.  Run top bolt all the way into the hole with out
the slave on it until it runs out of threads and
tighten being careful not to jam it against the
starter ring gear.  Now cut off the head of the bolt,
you really don't need it, then slip the slave over the
remaining stud and just use the bottom bolt to tighten
the thing down.
  Second and the one I use is to cut a slot in the
upper slave mounting hole the same width as the bolt
so that the slot faces the front of the car.  Now
install your bolt and washer first, then the slave
unit, then the lower bolt.  Tighten both bolts.  The
next time you have to remove the slave you only have
to loosen the upper bolt about one turn and remove the
bottom one and the slave is out.....

  No Charge!!!!!

Bob