Re: Cherry Picker? (little LBC)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cherry Picker? (little LBC)
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 14:53:42 EST
In a message dated 4/3/04 12:12:46 AM, Guy.Weller@kencomp.net writes:

> To me a Cherry Picker is an industrial-type access machine which consists
> of a
> platform or basket  on an extending hyraulic or electrically operated arm.
> The basket typically takes one or two men and the 3-dimensional movement is
> controlled from the basket by a control panel.

Seems like we are speaking different languages again.   We are familiar with
the Cherry Picker you describe; however we also use the term to describe an
ordinary engine hoist of a size acceptable for LBC's.

I am impressed that you can get an engine and transmission out of a Midget in
1-1/2 hours.   The Bugeye is easy.   We got pretty good at that and could put
it in and find out we did something wrong in about an hour.   We are a 65ish
disabled couple with not much body strength, so we must rely on leverage AND
teamwork.   We haven't had an opportunity to try it with Trevor, even with all
the shrouding off, but probably will when the time comes.   I doubt it will go
very rapidly, but we will get it done some way.   If we can't, there is
always the Healey Club "tech session" where all we have to do is feed the
troops--sorta like O.S.H.I.T.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"