RE: Cherry Picker? (little LBC)

To: "'Guy Weller'" <Guy.Weller@kencomp.net>
Subject: RE: Cherry Picker? (little LBC)
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 11:17:38 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I can understand you not knowing what a "Cherry Picker" is, what I don't
understand is why you would weld a flat jack to one?  By the way a flat
jack I would assume is what we call in the states a "farm-all or Hi-Lift
jack".  Not what I would call a good replacement for a load rotor at
all.
                Crash

Several have mentioned using a Cherry Picker to remove an engine.
Are we talking the same thing?  It seems a rather an over-specified
piece of
equipment for removing LBC engines!
To me a Cherry Picker is an industrial-type access machine which
consists of a
platform or basket  on an extending hyraulic or electrically operated
arm.
The basket typically takes one or two men and the 3-dimensional movement
is
controlled from the basket by a control panel.  Large self propelled
ones will
raise the basket to well over 100, or more (as used by fire services in
some
areas) but even the small trailered ones will lift the platform to 25
feet
plus.
I guess it would do the job but it dosn't seem like the sort of
equipment that
many people just have lying around the place.

Guy