Re: Engine/Transmission Removal

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine/Transmission Removal
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 15:43:06 -0600
> Has anyone tried the "Oberg Tilt Lift" that Moss sells?

Nope. I can't justify $75 for a device that mounts diagonally and would tend
to roll the unit as it tilts. For that feature, I can pick up a $5 2" wide
nylon strap from Horrible Fright, hook one end to the cherry-picker, loopit
behind the crankshaft pulley, back through the hook, around the back of the
engine behind the bellhousing, and back to the hook. This gives me the
ability to adjust the angle by simply lifting on the front or back of the
engine. It stays at the set angle quite well. We tight, too.
David Lieb