Re: The Heater as Cooler - longish

To: Captain Rapture <yup1275@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: The Heater as Cooler - longish
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 22:11:01 -0400
Cc: mg <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I tried the heater as a coolant helper in my kid's Mini a few years
back, we just lived with 212* all the time, nothing seemed to work on
that engine.
My Sprite had similar problems with the hopped up engine and the way
smaller air intake of the Speedwell nose. Nothing worked.
T/stat blanked off, heater valve open, shifter boot removed to let the
air out. 212* would have been livable, but it was more like 230*
Then I found the Geo Metro radiator. I set the electric fan stat for
170* and it stays there.
All I can say is it solved my hot hot hot problem.
It has to be from an auto tranny Metro 3 banger, the standard trans
radiator is a tad too tall.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ