Re: who's this guy?

To: Geoff Branch <gjbranch@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: who's this guy?
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 02:31:23 -0500
Cc: Frank Clarici <spritenut@exit109.com>, Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I listen to people rant about every make of car and their various shortcomings.
I must be blessed or something. On my primary drivers I have never put less than
173,000 miles on them. And that one is still running in Arkansas with nearly
300,000
miles on it (87 Escort EXP). My Bugeye that I had for 3 years only needed
brakes,
tires, one rewire of a tail lamp and a dist cap for near 18,000 miles.
I know things happen and can be bad...example: Honda owned by a friend started
running poorly at about 45,000 miles...no throttle response pousy acceleration.
2 years and a couple of grand later he gives up and swaps it and cash to my bro
for a Lincoln. He cusses Hondas to this day!! It had a small piece of plastic
over a vent tube on the throttle body. First thing the mechanic noticed when he
popped the hood. No charge!
I guess I am just lucky! Oh. by the way, I currently own 6 fords and they all
run,
crank from the seat, everything works except for the air conditioning on my
$300.00
91 Escort Pony that gets 40 MPG. Only had one flat tire my entire life. The
traffic lights change when I get there, the gas is more expensive up the road
after I fill up.
I got lost the other day and found a 77 MGB for 300.00, never had an accident
that
was not paid reasonably fast by their insurance. The worst that car story I have
is
when I broke the axle on my Bugeye (ammendment to earlier statement).
But I did have another at home. I did meet a fellow who helped me out that had a
big Healey in his living room and 2 vintage Ferraris in the garage. Boss just
called it a sick day and said I needed a more dependable car if I was going to
drive 80 miles one way to work every day.
Cars been good to me!!!
Bruce (TX)