Re: who's this guy?

To: kgb@frontiernet.net
Subject: Re: who's this guy?
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 12:09:44 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, bfigueroa@sprynet.com
In a message dated 4/29/2004 9:58:44 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
kgb@frontiernet.net writes:
My step son just moved to PA from WA.  A they approached DesMoines, their 90
something Windstar began smoking and had to be towed to the dealer from a
rest area.  The quote to rebuild their transmission and do some other
necessary work was 12 - 1300.  The next afternoon, when they went to pick up
the van, the service manager said that he was giving them every discount
that they qualified for and the total was 625.  Needless to say, they were
pleasantly surprised.
.

I wonder why a transmission job in Iowa would be $1200 and here in cheapo El
Paso it's $2500.00?  They quoted a remanufactured transmission at $2800.00,
and said it would be over $600 for them to tear the old transmission down to
give a firm estimate for the rebuild.

By the way, if anyone cares, this is Casa Ford, owned by Clay Lowenfeld, in
El Paso, TX.

Robert Houston
Texan in New Mexico

Check out the Declaration of Independence! You think it promises happiness?
No no no, it talks about the "pursuit of happiness." The PURSUIT! We've become
a nation of wimps! We think we're entitled to everything, we want to legislate
ourselves into some cozy little cocoon. Well, forget it, Nature Boy. There
are no guarantees. Life is nasty, brutish, and short.Jeff Melvoin, Northern
Exposure, Bolt from the Blue, 1994