Re: getting there

To: <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: getting there
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 19:25:34 +0100 (BST)
Cc: <antony@antgel.co.uk>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Bob, you are the man.  I didn't see your reply until just now, but you hit
the nail on the head.
One set of the correct plugs later, and she's running like a beaut.  Well,
not exactly, but compared to before, it's night and day.  I took her round
the block a few times, and she's relatively purring.  I'm gonna re-check
the timing and setup the carbs as I think it would be rude not to.
I have also fixed a bad headlight earth, dodgy horn switch, and loose
indicator connection, so it has been another good day.  But there is this
one thing...
My brake / stop light switch was sticking, so I took it out.  Those of you
with the service manual can join me on page 233, 86.65.51.  I've cleaned
the switch up and resoldered the connections.  But step 6a is killing me,
and I quote:"Screw in the stop light switch until there is a free movement of
1/8 in
on the brake pedal."
I have no idea what this means.  I assume that I screw it in to the point
where the contact is being pressed in, but the pedal is still at the top
(hence not activating the brakes)?