RE: Broken bracket for SPAX shock

To: stevenm@optonline.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Broken bracket for SPAX shock
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 21:24:56 -0400 FILETIME=[60CDEFF0:01C4648A]
Steve,

The Midget I just parted out/cut up at Kevein's last OSHIT had a tube shock
conversion on it. Not Spax, however. The bracket is slightly different in as
it appears that  Spax welds the bolt for the shock onto the bracket,
whereas my kit the shock bolts through the bracket.
I'll send you a pic offlist, under a different address but it will have this
subject line.
I was gonna save it for EBAY gold, but if you don't come up with any other
workable solution, let me know, we'll work something out.
I'm on Long Island.

Brian S.
Bugeyeracer under resto

Looking under my '78 Midget yesterday to investigate a little rattle
(probably just gravel in the road), I discovered that the bracket supporting
my left-rear SPAX shock had broken clean off, and the shock was just
dangling!  I must confess that I don't know if this has been this way for 5
minutes or 5 months.  So I am faced with a bunch of questions...
- is there a source for a replacement bracket?
- should I find someone who can build a new one?
- can I drive the Midget with this looking this way?

Please have a look at this page, with a picture of the situation - thanks.
http://www.1978mgmidget.com/broken_spax_bracket.html

Steve

Get fast, reliable Internet access with MSN 9 Dial-up  now 2 months FREE!