Re: Broken bracket for SPAX shock

To: "Steven Michelsen" <stevenm@optonline.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: Broken bracket for SPAX shock
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 22:06:54 -0700
I have a spax conversion on the rear of my car.  You are right, the part
doesn't exist!  The kit did not come with the bottom spring perch bracket.
All you did was take the stock left side, turn it upside down, and switch it
to the right side, and vise-versa.  The bottom spax shock bolts to the hole
where the arm of the leaver shock once was.  You just need to find one from
a donor car, nothing custom.  It is not uncommon  for a shock mounting point
to fail when the shocks are replaced with anything stiffer than stock.
Remember air shocks on american cars?  Fill-em full up to lift the rear end,
and within no time the shock mounting point would break.

If you weld it, it will break again in no time.
David Riker
davriker@pacbell.net
http://home.pacbell.net/davriker/
http://community.webshots.com/user/fool4mg