Re: RANT!- NO LBC

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: RANT!- NO LBC
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:50:50 -0700
Hi Bobbie,

I agree that the incident was terrible.  All I ask is that you not malign an
entire breed because of the dogs that have idiots for owners.

There was an incident in Washington yesterday in which a man poured gasoline
over his entire family and set them on fire, then shot his wife as she tried
to escape.  The 3 children died strapped in the back seat of the car.

We don't condemn all men because of sickos like this (although there are
times that every woman would, I'm sure).  By the same token, we shouldn't
condemn a particular breed of dog because of the actions of a few.

No matter how we segregate society (human OR canine), we are going to wind
up with both good and bad in the mixture.  Criminals tend to raise
criminals, whether it be a child or a puppy.

I have no way of knowing whether this particular family was involved in the
drug trade or not.  All I can say for sure is that this particular dog was
never PROPERLY socialized.  Unfortunately, the baby was the innocent victim
of its parents' lack of responsibility.  Some people just have no business
being parents.

Kate