Re: Lucas?

To: Robert Duquette <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lucas?
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 15:50:11 GMT j4GFq77j009340
Bob....with no intent to unduly alarm...

I'm not educated enough to know
exactly what's wrong but obviously, you've a MAJOR short in there
in line with your comment on loadmeter
(ammeter) and battery condition indications.....the only item which
draws such scads of current in normal operations being the starter.

When I think of MAJOR electrical shorts such as this and especially those which
affect multiple circuits, I automatically think of fire as a very possible
consequence. What can be almost
as bad is inhaling the fumes of burning electrical wiring/equipment while
driving
down the road and most especially so with the top up.

In your circumstances, I would take the car
off the road and correct the cause before
proceeding further. Keep a firex handy just
in case.

Cap'n Bob
 '60 :{)

What I would do is take the car off the
road and take care of this problem
Take it off the road and find this major
short, even if you've got to hire a pro to
do it