Re: In car navigation system

To: David Riker <davriker@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: In car navigation system
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 19:24:48 -0400
Cc: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
David Riker wrote:

> On trips, even when I know where I'm going, it is usefull for miles
> remaining, time remaining, alternate routes, etc.

That's what kids are for.
Are we there yet?
Can an onboard nav system help if you gotta pee?
Me, I try (note the word try) to remember to stick a map in the glove
box before I go on a trip.
As for extra knobs and switches, I'm gonna smash all those "extras" in
my Ford Camry cause they are such a PITA.
Buttons for windows, locks, seats, too many buttons on the radio, geeze
what happened to a roll up window, one that STOPS when you stop cranking?
Or doors I can lock when I WANT, not when I start to roll.
And once a seat is set, why would it need to be changed? Or do people
grow and shrink that much where we need to make it power?
And power seats are s l o w e r than real seats ;)
And what happened to the clock? Now I need 3 handbooks to tell me how to
set it. I used to just twist a knob, now push this 6 times, that 4
times, and then disconnect the battery and wait til noon or midnight.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ