Re: concrete for shop slab/some LBC

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: concrete for shop slab/some LBC
From: "Charlie Shelden" <shelden3@pldi.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 05:34:26 -0500
Thanks for all your input guys.  I think I'm going to spend the 60.00 and
install a rebar grid under it, using 2' centers.  It really wasn't a matter
of cost, but a matter of do I need to go through the efforts of completing.
I'm coming up short on time as the pour is on Friday at 7am, (100 degree day
again) yeahhh.... I figure by 11:30 or 12 we will be done though, that is
how it has ran in the past 3.  About the only thing I have left to do is
finish up the rebar work and get the transit out and double check my grade
on the sand base.  Been watering the base so that it don't just suck up all
the water from the mix as everything is so dry.

I'm out in the country so we have not regs, permits, etc...which I like but
can hurt the ignorant and un-initiated.  Trying to find someone to give you
some advice that does it for a living and you don't know them is next to
impossible, then you wonder are they trying to make a buck on the advice or
tell you straight up.  In the end, I think it is good economy to just do it.

Thanks again.