Cluster wrap (part1)

To: Buster Evans <b-evans@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Cluster wrap (part1)
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 13:00:18 -0400
I am sending this in 2 parts because maybe it was too long for MJB's list.

In planning on going to the BC 2006 I was asked more than once WHY?
WHY would you spend your money on a plane ticket, rental car, and hotel
room to go fix some guys car who you never met?
My reply was because he is a friend even though I never met him in person.
These people just could not comprehend that.
Yes Buster is a friend, I have been emailing him for 10 years. OK, I
don't know how fat or skinny he is, I don't know what color he is, I
don't know if he is an ax murderer or not but he owns a Sprite so he's
MY friend! Just like all the other people on this list whom I have met
because of this list, they are all friends and GOOD friends.
Good friends laugh, cry, argue, and fight.
I arrived in CA around noon Wednesday on a none incident direct flight
from Newark, NJ to Los Angles, CA. Grabbed what was supposed to be a Kia
Ria rental car only to be upgraded to a Chrysler convertible at no extra
charge. I promptly lost the 3 hour gain in time to LA traffic!!
I got lost going from LA to Busters. I did find his house but because
the ocean is on the wrong side out there, my sense of direction was
backwards.
I meet Buster and Pam for the first time. Immediately I know they are
great people. No ax murderers here
After I fixed his drill, I departed for the CA desert to see my younger
brother who has lives in Perris, CA. Chilled out with a few beers with
him, had some real tacos for dinner and spent the night catching up on
lost family affairs. I hit the sack at 1:00 am local time which had me
awake for 22 hours straight. 5:00 am local and my cell phone rings.
Business call from NJ where it's 8:00am. No sleep that night.
Breakfast with brother Greg and a local scenic tour before heading out
to meet Mike Maclean and seeing his Sprite and Harley. After a few hours
in San Bernardino with Mike, I dropped my brother off and headed back to
Busters for a Mexican dinner with some of the guys. But I hit classic CA
traffic and it turned a 45 minute drive into a 2 hour drive.
CA people are much worse than drivers in NY or NJ.
Why do they stick a red light on the on (Accelerating) ramp?
I can't understand the concept of stopping a car 200 feet from where he
has to merge with 65+ mph traffic. I guess the designer of this system
has a really fast car.
Dinner with Jay & Celeste from CT, Robert Houston from TX, while Buster
was enroute to pick up Al Clemens from FL because I was late due to traffic.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ