Re: daily drivers

To: Les Jones <lcjones@croakingfrog.net>
Subject: Re: daily drivers
From: "K. Valentine" <kevin@valentinephoto.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 22:35:33 -0400
On Aug 2, 2006, at 4:35 PM, Les Jones wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I'm working on the brakes of the 72 RWA and wondered how many of
> you folks drive your Spridgets on a daily basis. I'm planning on
> driving the 72 at least a couple times a week but my commute is
> about 120 miles round trip. I'd like to be able to Spridget
> everyday but not sure how it would take it.

Les,

I have never had  to rescue (tow) the  74 Midget.  (I can't say that
about any of my other (modern) vehicles).  In the past 3 years we
have put over 10,000 miles on the 74 and with regular maintenance
these cars can handle the mileage.

I have rescued my more modern vehicles using the Midget and even on
frosty/cold mornings the Midget will start and run reliably.

I carry a minimal amount of tools and a spare dizzy in the boot "just
in case" but have never had to use it while on the road ;)

Kevin V.