Re: Steering wheel nut

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Steering wheel nut
From: "Gregory Groiss" <ggroiss@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 08:30:44 -0500
OK, maybe It's just me and I missed or misread an email in this thread
along the way but did anyone address the first part of Jack's
question?

>I can not get the nut on the steering shaft it is like someone was pounding
>and it is soft and spread a bit.
>Since it seems I must chase the male threads, what size die am I buying to do
>that chore?

I am having the same problem.  I have a bugeye steering column that
has some what stripped threads, on the steering wheel end that need to
be chased but I do not have a clue as to what size die to use.

Thanks,

Greg