Re: Steering wheel nut

To: "Gregory Groiss" <ggroiss@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Steering wheel nut
From: john.dagostino@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 15:12:37 +0000
Hi.
Is the nut off the car? Screw it onto a bolt until you find the correct size,
you must have a box of nuts/bolt/washers you've accumulated over the years. If
not go to a good hardware store and try it.
It's probably about 1/2x20 I would guess.

A thread file will work to fix up the threads, again a good hardware store will
have one. Be careful with a die or you can end up cutting new threads, a
re-threading die is better, but harder to come by than the thread file.

Good luck,
John

From: "Gregory Groiss" <ggroiss@gmail.com>