Re: SU Carb Problem

To: "Timothy H. Collins" <thcollin@mtu.edu>
Subject: Re: SU Carb Problem
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 18:27:13 -0500
Timothy H. Collins wrote:

> Frank,
> As I was getting ready for bed, it dawned on me that you may have given
> the clue in your description of symptoms. Try putting your hand on that
> generator that you complained about.

Tim
I did try it with the fan belt off only to isolate the genny problem.
It still leaked but I did find out what the genny noise was.
I shimmed out the fan with a washer and the noise is gone.
I just fired up the Sprite and there is little or no vibration, it is a
smooth running engine, even quiet now that the genny noise is fixed.
Stock 1275 with a stock muffler. And now a completely different set of SUs.
Tonight I will kill the fuel pump to see if maybe it's a voltage spike
but I doubt it, the headlights stay normally dim (Lucas lights) at all
rpms. NAPA 5 psi pump and the regulator did slow the leak down from
squirting over the radiator to a normal "stuck float" type of leak.
More later.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ