Re: Watts Linkage Vs Panhard Bar

To: derf247@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Watts Linkage Vs Panhard Bar
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 16:28:41 EDT
Supposing you have access to a welder, grinder, a selection of hand and
measuring tools and know how to use them as well as some suitable spherical
bearings and so forth it's not easy to fabricate a Watt's linkage.  However, I
don't
think that was what the original lister had in mind.

Also as far as Wikipedia goes it is by no means authoritive on any given
subject and it is NOT the case that the Watt's linkage is superior to a Panhard
rod.  Besides if it's easy to fabricate a Watt's linkage and you are DIY
fabrication then a Mumford link set up is going to be far superior.

I'd be interested in the life of the axle (half) shafts and diff pinion gears
for the method you describe of achieving negative camber on a live axle.

Regards

Daniel1312