Re: Watts Linkage Vs Panhard Bar

To: mconn2@bright.net
Subject: Re: Watts Linkage Vs Panhard Bar
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 05:40:19 EDT
IRS is either what you call your tax authorities or in a motoring context
Independant Rear Suspension - it means each rear wheel is independant of the
other so that if one goes up the other does nothing or whatever.

With a live axle like on the Spridget the wheels are connected to each other
by the axle casing so that if one goes up the other wants to go down.

Maybe someone will have a tidier text book explanation but the key thing is
that there is a different set of handling rules -eg negative camber for IRS
than a live axle.

Daniel1312