Re: [Spridgets] Not LBC......Both the Pontiac & Saturn end December

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Not LBC......Both the Pontiac & Saturn end December
From: David Lieb <72spridget@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 14:23:28 -0500
> Pontiac followed the lead of their other divisions that produced something
> advanced, by killing-off the Fiero. (Sure it had it's teething problems in the
> beginning.)

IMHO, Pontiac was the division that was willing to take risks and try things.

The Fiero was a great experiment. Unfortunately, about the time the
bugs were worked out, it got axed.

The Aztek was a terrible experiment. Care to guess what market they
thought they were going to target? I have always been amazed at how
little Buick had to do to make the Rendezvous look halfway decent. Too
bad the Aztek had already killed its chances.

Without the Firebird, the Camaro would not have been nearly so good.

OTOH, Buick and Cadillac both appear to have more of a perceived
dedicated following. I think that if Cadillac had not come out with
the Northstar engine and put such an effort into distinguishing itself
from its GM siblings, they would have gotten the ax before Oldsmobile.

David L