Re: NOS vs REPRO

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: NOS vs REPRO
From: RevSteveP@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 14:23:41 -0400
This gets a bit silly after awhile.  Because none of our cars is original!
 Like an art work or a rare coin can be original.

No Tiger has 1967 gas in it!
No Tiger has 1967 oil in it, and none of you would want it!
No Tiger has 1967 oil filters or air filters in it!
No Tiger has 1967 tires (tyres) on it.  (pity the poor soul who does!)
No Tiger has 1967 wiper blades on it.
Very few Tigers have original rubber, if they do there is little left of it
and it doesn't do what Rootes intended it to do.
Very few Tigers have original soft tops, hard told liners, tonneaus, seats or
carpets.  (And those of us who do want to replace them as soon as our wives
give us our allowance.)

Most of those items are now made a whole world better than anyone thought
possible in 1967.  Even todays bolts are made better and certainly the
electrical parts today are better (Can we get GMDelco parts made that say
Lucas on them???)

So Tigers today CANNOT be original like a new car coming off the assembly
line. Or a mint coin, or a Micky Mantle card , or an original art work.

Make it good, make it close, and thank God the new stuff is almost always
"new and improved."

Steve