NOS vs Repro

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: NOS vs Repro
From: "STEVEN M. METCALFE" <MS02488@msbg.med.ge.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 17:08:49 -0500
 .int tigers@autox.team.net

 I was just thinking, there are several other restored cars (i.e. Bentleys
 Rolls, Duesenbergs, etc.) which have had several parts reproduced, even
 hand made from scratch to as close to original as possible and I don't
 see these cars going for $2500.00

 It seems the idea those people have is to put the car back to original
 "as much as humanly possible" to a) enjoy the car and b) show the car
 at events.  It seems as though c) investment is not dinged to badly.

 Of course, some of these cars had a production of 1, but some do not.  I
 am not one to throw money down the crapper, but I was one who purchased
 a Tiger when the speculated value was probably at its highest.  My bad
 luck maybe, as I will probably never get the money out of it I put
 in during restoration.  And guess what, I don't really care because
 I have gotten more than my moneys worth out of the car in driving it
 and restoring it.  It has been a great stress diversion from work.

 I guess with the relatively small number of Tigers left on the road,
 you should drive 'em if you got 'em boys, and be happy you have one
 original or not.

 Steve B9470636