Re: NOS vs REPRO

To: RevSteveP@aol.com
Subject: Re: NOS vs REPRO
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 96 12:24:22 PDT
>  Like an art work or a rare coin can be original.
>
> No Tiger has 1967 gas in it!
> No Tiger has 1967 oil in it, and none of you would want it!
> No Tiger has 1967 oil filters or air filters in it!
> No Tiger has 1967 tires (tyres) on it.  (pity the poor soul who does!)
> No Tiger has 1967 wiper blades on it.
> Very few Tigers have original rubber, if they do there is little left of it
> Very few Tigers have original soft tops, hard told liners, tonneaus, seats or
> carpets.  (And those of us who do want to replace them as soon as our wives
>
> Steve

While I don't necessarily want to come down on Frank's side here, I'm
wondering if is it reasonable to be comparing perishables like gasoline,
oil, tires or even rubber parts to a "non perishable" item like an air
cleaner or a rare coin?  I don't think Frank would even argue that only
a period OEM air filters should be used inside the air cleaner unless it
is clearly marked non original.

Roland