Re: Where does one draw the line?

To: Brock C Tella <brockctella@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Where does one draw the line?
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 18:01:32 +0100
Brock C Tella wrote:

> Well put. This has been a sore point with me. I think we are discouraging
>  restorations because of  the TAC people. The best marques in the world
> don't go through this routine. .....

Well, Brock

I do believe that Tom Hall just posted the TAC view on the list. It
said, to paraphrase, ”We (TAC) don’t object to full Alpine clips for
repair. We don’t even object to Alpers. What we do object to is
mis-representing a car that was never registered as a Tiger.” I think I
got that near right. I know a lot of folks seem to disapprove of TAC,
but I believe they are doing us a service. If one does not want to
certify, don’t, but if you know there are unscrupulous persons
misrepresenting their cars - and asking money for them - this is
larceny. I don’t believe the TAC guys are “Originality nuts”. They do
not withhold certification for engine, transmission, suspension, wheel
tire, brake, whatever modifications. They ONLY require that a car being
represented as originally being a Tiger (as opposed to “an ORIGINAL
Tiger”) be just that.

Steve
--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                         _/
                    _/_/_/