Re: Where does one draw the line?

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Where does one draw the line?
From: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 22:12:50 -0800
On the subject of TAC:
        As with most things, I can see pros and cons to the TAC system.  I do
believe that it is to everyones benefit that folks like Norm Miller take
the time and effort to gather up all this originality information and put
it in a usable format so everyone can at least see what the cars were
supposed to be like.  I am more of a purist and definitely appreciate the
work that has gone into the documentation of Norm's book and the TAC
process.  I do not, however, knock anyone's modified Tiger.  That is one of
the things that makes these cars so great;  whether stock or modified, they
always create a stir wherever they are driven.  The fun factor is always
quite high with these cars.
        The TAC system, however, does have one major down point that I feel
that I
must express.  This has been the topic of conversation on several
occassions between myself and my other Tiger buddies from this area;  we
see ads now in the Tiger magazines where someone may have his or her car
for sale and the ad will read "...recently TACed."  This is nice for that
owner and I am quite sure that it also fosters piece of mind for a
prospective buyer.  It could even persuade a buyer to maybe give a higher
price for a car that he or she feels has been fully authenticated by the
"people in the know."  Again, that is great for both seller and buyer.  But
what about us folks stuck here in the mid-section of the country?  Our cars
are every bit as authentic as the next persons but we have no way of
"proving it."  I have e-mailed several people about this and so far the
only response has been that we would have to bring our cars to one of the
coasts to have them TACed.  Obviously, this is totally impractical.
Whereas myself and my Tiger friends here in Oklahoma would love to join you
all at a Tigers United or a Suni meet, they are just too far away to make
it practical to attend.
        Please do not get me wrong;  I enjoy reading about the meets that you
guys
have and who knows, one day maybe I'll be able to attend one.  The closest
meet that I even remember hearing about was the Suni event in Colorado
quite a few years ago.  That, unfortunately, came at a time when I was knee
deep in a '65 GT350 and had had a momentary lapse in sanity and sold my
Tiger (that will never happen again, I can assure you!).   But that has
been our only chance at a national meet and even that was before TAC had
been created.  Is there some way that we could get a similar program
started in this area of the country?  I would really like to see the TAC
program available to all Tiger owners regardless of where they live.  Maybe
I don't realize what all goes into qualifying someone as a TAC official but
I have been involved with Tigers since 1979 and would gladly volunteer to
do what I could to get such a program started here.

                                                Respectfully,
                                                Andy Walker
                                                B382001600