Re: Where does one draw the line?

To: Tiger-List <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Where does one draw the line?
From: Kevin Meek <kevnmeek@netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 21:06:00 -0800 (PST)
IMO, the continued existence of TAC is dependent on it's market
acceptance.  If potential buyers placed no value on it, the
program would fade away.  As it is, I believe it's primary
importance is insuring that the buyer gets what they pay
for: I wanted an original car and TAC helped me make the right
decision (for me).  I think much of the controversy stems from mis-
interpretation of the intent of the program (and to be honest
I think that some STOA members have had difficulty defining TAC's
"mission statement" on occasion).  I feel that if TAC prevents
sellers from misrepresenting their cars, though, it's proving
it's worth.
Kevin Meek (kevnmeek@netcom.com)    Sunbeam Tiger B382002202
Santa Cruz, California            Sunbeam Alpine SI B9011324