Re: The trouble with TAC / Call for consensus and sanity.

To: richard.fedorchak@gsfc.nasa.gov, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: The trouble with TAC / Call for consensus and sanity.
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 17:31:19 -0500 (EST)
I really don't see the big problem with the existance of the TAC inspection.
 If you don't want your car TAC'ed don't get it.  Remember that the
authenticity bestowed upon a car is only the opinion of that group.  It might
be wrong and it might be right.
   When an individual is given a license, for example a driver's license, it
is the opinion of a certain group ( usually the state motor vehicle dept )
that the person is qualified to drive.  Remember this is just an opinion of
the issuing agency.  We all know that they can be wrong.
  In the NE where I live there isn't a great chance yet to get a car TAC'ed.
 When the opportunity arises, I'll have it done.  In the meantime, if someone
was going to buy a Tiger and 2 were available in the same condition and for
the same price, one was TAC'ed and one wasn't, which do you suppose a person
would buy?  Personally, I'd take a chance that the TAC group knew what they
were doing.
  There's always a chance for a mistake, but until someone comes up with
something better.......