Re: Re[2]: DMV hassles

To: ThePiasa@aol.com
Subject: Re: Re[2]: DMV hassles
From: Allan Connell <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 11:25:56 -0700
At 01:22 AM 5/17/97 -0400, ThePiasa@aol.com wrote:
>Let me branch out on this thread...I have a 67 "Roots" registered in CA. I
>think that designation may have helped me beat a bad smog check that listed
>the car as a "gross polluter" during a earlier check by the previous owner.
>One garage wouldn't even perform the check because their computer showed the
>state had already tagged it as a GP. When I took it to my corner gas station
>for retesting, they listed it correctly as a Rootes Sunbeam and it passed
>right away with no bad stuff showing up on the state's computer. Otherwise I
>would not have been able to register the car without going to a state smog
>facility and paying them to retest it again (and again...every year!)
>Dodged (no pun intended) a bullet there!
>
>Dave

Dave,

Hopefully we will get that new law passed "Grandfathering" cars over 25
years old and exempting them from smog checks, so you won't be burdened by
these hassles any more.  My understanding is that it was approved in the
State Senate and is on it's way to the Assembly.  Correction and or
amplification on this supposition is encouraged from the Tigger Owners!!

BTW, Title on my 1965 Tiger has it listed as a "SUNBE"

Regards,

Allan
B9472373