RE: Rod Length

To: rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu, "'Bill Gegg'" <billgegg@ci.antioch.ca.us>
Subject: RE: Rod Length
From: "Richard Atherton (Entex)" <a-richat@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 03:03:12 -0700
        Actually, longer rods reduce the piston speed, and angular force
against the cylinder wall.  However, They may weigh more.  Shorter rods
can increase torque due to the sharper angle the rod will have to the
crank through the power stroke.  However, It increases mid stroke piston
speed and the angular force against the wall.  It's all a compromise.

Rich