Re[2]: Another Controversy

To: <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Subject: Re[2]: Another Controversy
From: nicholsj@oakwood.org
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 97 15:53:59 -0500
     'We now all know, don't we, that Tigers were born Tigers at Pressed
     Steel, Ltd. and the finished and painted chassis were then sent to
     Jensen for final assembly.'

     Bob,

     I hope you didn't tell one of TAC's secrets.  Because if you did,
     you're in deep doo-doo.

    'However, I can't help but wonder about your characterization of Jensen as
converters of Alpines. .... I'm surprised that someone on this list hasn't gone
ballistic over this insult, intentional or not.'

     Having a car built by Jensen is no insult to me.  After all, they built
the
     first Volvo P1800 sports car, Austin Healy, their own line of cars,
     Tiger and the Jensen Healy(maybe I should have left the last one out).
      As far as Alpine to Tiger conversions go,  I think there is more
     commonality with an Alpine then not.  The Tiger didn't start out as a
     new, clean design but was a modification of an existing car design,
     the Alpine.  If it wasn't a modification, you wouldn't have all those
     people making bogus Tigers with relative ease and the spare part
     situation would be a lot worse. Could this conversion question be a
     case of semantics? You know what I mean, I say potato, you say
     potahto?(or potatoe if you are Dan Quayle).

     Jeff