Re: Keys -Reply

To: John Crawley <johnc@nait.ab.ca>
Subject: Re: Keys -Reply
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 18:26:09 -0500
John Crawley wrote:
> No they were not Rootes keys but I did have them
> copied at the local mall with no trouble.
> Godspeed
> Jc
Here's a test for all of you. Take your key ring and insert any key
that'll fit into the ignition lock. I'll bet you that 1/2 the time
you'll be able to start your Tiger with any key that fits the hole!
This trick worked on my previous Tigers, and any Tiger that the owner
would let me try this trick. I guess after 30+ years, those tumblers get
really worn out. Don't try this trick at the next Tigers United unless
you ask the owner first!
BTW- early 70's Volvo trunk keys are a match for the Rootes shape.