RE: Tiger identification manual

To: "'Anita Barrett'" <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Subject: RE: Tiger identification manual
From: "Richard Atherton (Entex)" <a-richat@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 01:17:38 -0800
        I should have guessed !!.  It would just figure that YOU would have
done some V-8 engine swap into a tiny little car like the Nash Metro.  I bet
it was real fast though!.  The engine I have...currently, (may swtich to a
later Rover Block), is the 63 Buick Special 4bbl 200-HP 10:1 compression
ratio engine of the time.  Only the Olds F-85 Jetfire with Turbo had more
ponies, but way too much heat.  I intend to use a modern 5 or 6 speed GM
tranny, all aluminum if I can find one....at least thats the plan.  Since
the 215's don't have much in the way of torque, I don't want a wide ratio 4
speed....More gears, and closer steps.  It will all be professionally
ballanced and carefully checked, because I don't want ANYTHING coming apart
at close to 9,000 RPM.  It would realy ruin my day!, and probably my ankles
as well, if I still had any!  (The car will be fitted with a tranny tunnel
scatter shield since the Aluminum bell housing won't even slow down an
exploding flywheel !   8-)

Rich.........My Dream car..

PS  I bet you could build one hell of a cool Mid-Engined dune buggy with a
bunch of tubing, a spool of twine, a roll of tape, and Olds Torranado
Engine/Transaxle.  Sounds like another weekend project !!  You are amazing
!!!  And I mean that in the nicest way!  I just can't believe the time and
work you have put into these things.  I find it hard to get the time to
changes the Oil !!